Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Spain
Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Spain
Spain is a European nation sought out every year by individuals with alcohol addiction. It is a destination an individuals can receive the help they desperately need. Thousands of clients arrive at alcohol treatment facilities in Spain each year to undergo treatment.
The country’s appeal for alcohol addicts is that it offers a completely new environment away from the triggers of home. Alcohol addiction treatment in Spain enables clients to strengthen their resolve and say ‘no’ to alcohol going forward. Whether you want to book alcohol addiction treatment in Spain in a resort town or a location away from the tourist crowds, you will find a center that can help.
What is alcohol addiction treatment in Spain?
Alcohol contributes to three million deaths per year according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Drinking alcohol has a direct and indirect impact on deaths worldwide.
Alcohol addiction is a disease that can lead to the death of sufferers. It is an equal opportunity affliction that affects people of all races, genders, and socioeconomic classes. There is no singular cause to alcohol addiction, but items such as behavioral, social, genetic, and psychological factors contribute to the development of alcoholism in individuals.
There are people who claim that alcohol addiction is not a disease. However, alcoholism alters the brain and neurochemistry in a person like other diseases. An individual with alcohol addiction may not be in control of their actions.
A person with alcohol addiction relies heavily on drink to get through their day. They are unable to stay sober for long periods of time. Some individuals struggling with alcoholism cannot make it through a single day without a drink. Others consume alcohol heavily throughout the day, while some may binge drink. The severity of an individual’s alcoholism depends on their dependence on drink.
Do I have an alcohol addiction?
You may not realize you have a problem with alcohol. Alcoholism isn’t as apparent as using illegal substances such as heroin, cocaine, or other drugs. You can purchase alcohol from restaurants, grocery stores, and shops easily. In many countries, drinking socially is widely accepted. Alcohol is drunk at parties, festivals, and celebrations. This makes it difficult to tell if you or someone you love has a problem with drink.
There are a variety of symptoms to look out for in individuals suffering from alcohol addiction. If you believe a loved one or yourself is suffering from alcohol addiction, you may exhibit one or more of these symptoms:
- Increased quantity of alcohol consumption
- Increased frequency of drinking alcohol
- Increased tolerance to alcohol’s effects
- A lack of hangover symptoms
- Drinking during inappropriate times, such as in the morning
- Drinking in inappropriate places
- Wanting to be in place where alcohol is present
- Avoiding places and events where there is no alcohol
- Changes in friendships and hanging out with people who use alcohol more than other friends
- Avoid contacting loved ones
- Hiding alcohol or the consumption of it
- Dependence on alcohol to function each day
- Increased fatigue, depression, and other emotional issues
- Legal or professional problems such as being arrest or losing a job
Alcoholism gets worse over time. If you can spot symptoms and warning signs early on, you can get treatment to prevent your health from declining. You are also able to prevent social, professional, and even legal problems from occurring.
Alcohol addiction treatment in Spain
Alcohol addiction treatment in Spain can be more cost-effective than attending programs in the United Kingdom, the United States, and other parts of Europe. In addition, the treatment offered in Spain is different to rehabs in the UK and US.
Rehab centers across Spain are regulated by the Spanish Government and various agencies appointed by the government. These groups ensure clients receive a high level of care. Medical tourism is a major industry across Spain thanks to the agencies that oversee the industry. Rehab in Spain is a part of the medical tourism that the country offers. Thousands of people each year access Spain’s rehab facilities from abroad.
Rehab in Spain
Residential rehab in Spain provides treatment packages and accommodation to clients to end their addiction to alcohol. Residential rehab is the ideal way to seek treatment as it offers around the clock care administered by qualified personnel.
Clients benefit from this high level of care and are able to recover from alcoholism more quickly and efficiently – although they must continue to adhere to the skills and lessons learned in rehab upon leaving. Rehab in Spain can transform your life. It can end your dependence on drinking and put you in control of each day.
The Marbella Rehab
Alcohol addiction treatment in Spain from Marbella Rehab
A hugely successful actress who saw her personal life and career tested by addiction, Claudia shares her journey of overcoming alcoholism at the Marbella Rehab and offers fresh perspectives on alcohol use disorder treatments. Claudia Christian landed her first TV series at 18 on NBC’s nighttime drama Berringers and her first studio feature at 20 in New Line Cinema’s cult hit “The Hidden.” Over 50 films, hundreds of TV shows and 5 music albums later, Claudia has worked with George Clooney, Kirk Douglas, Faye Dunaway, Nicolas Cage and countless other luminaries.
Cost of alcohol addiction treatment in Spain
Award winning alcohol addiction treatment in Spain at the Marbella Rehab costs between €26.000 and €34.000
The Marbella Rehab is awarded the title of Worlds Best Rehab 2021. Treatment is highly individualized, and guests benefit for up to one years free aftercare.
References: Alcohol addiction treatment in Spain
- Anton RF, O’Malley SS, Ciraulo DA, et al. Effect of combined pharmacotherapies and behavioral interventions for alcohol dependence: The COMBINE study: A randomized controlled trial. JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association. 2006;295(17):2003–2017. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Dawson DA, Grant BF, Stinson FS, et al. Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Spain 2020. Addiction. 2006a;101(6):824–834. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Grant BF, Dawson DA, Stinson FS, et al. The 12-month prevalence and trends in DSM–IV alcohol abuse and dependence: United States, 1991–1992 and 2001–2002. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2004;74(3):223–234. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]