Drug Addiction Treatment in Spain
Drug Addiction Treatment in Spain
Millions of people around the world are addicted to drugs, but only a small percentage of those individuals seek help. Drug addiction can dominate your life. Your physical and mental health are not the only areas that can be harmed by drug addiction.
A drug addiction can affect your family, friendships, career, schooling, and other areas you may not have considered. If you are suffering from drug addiction, there is help out there.
The Marbella Rehab
What is Drug addiction?
Drug addiction is a disease that affects millions of people in the world. In 2017, a National Survey found that more than 19 million American adults suffer with drug addiction1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2223274/. Also known as substance use disorder, drug addiction is a disease that targets a person’s brains. It alters their behavior leading to a lack of control over using illegal or legal drugs and medication.
An individual that is addicted to drugs will continue using the harmful substances in spite of the effects they have on the mind and body. Drug addiction can begin small with an individual causally trying marijuana. It may transform into something more dangerous than socially experimenting with drugs, however. Some individuals may become dependent on drugs such as opioids through prescribed medication given to them by doctors. The fact is that substance use disorder and dependency occur in many ways.
Addiction varies and an individual becomes dependent on drugs differently. Certain drugs such as opioids are higher in risk for dependency. Addiction can occur more quickly when using opioids compared to other substances.
Do I have a drug addiction?
It can be difficult to determine whether or not you have a drug or alcohol addiction or not. Of course, the use of any harmful drug is detrimental to your mind, body, relationships, career, and other aspects of life. There are signs that you are addicted to drugs and you should immediately seek help. These signs include:
- Missing work or school
- Seeing your performance in work or school decline
- Physical health problems such a lack of energy, motivation, weight loss or gain, and/or bloodshot eyes
- Poor appearance
- Change in behavior and being secretive
- Financial issues such as requesting money or lacking funds on a constant basis
While these are strong signs that you may have a drug addiction, there are physical and mental symptoms you may experience. Drug addiction symptoms differ from the signs from above. Symptoms and signs may go hand in hand, but may not always come together. Symptoms of drug addiction include:
- Reliance on the drug
- Taking the drug each day or multiple times a day
- Having strong urges to take the drug and block out other thoughts
- The need to increase the amount of the drug over time to get the same effect
- Using the drug for longer periods of time than planned
- Making certain there is a supply of the drug available when needed
- Spending money on the drug, despite lacking money for necessities
- Foregoing obligations and work responsibilities to use the drug
- Using the drug despite knowing it is harmful to your social life
- Stealing, committing crimes or doing other things to get money to buy the drug
- Engaging in risky behavior while under the influence of the drug
- Spending large amounts of time buying, using, and recovering from using the drug
- Being unable to stop taking the drug
- Undergoing withdrawal symptoms when attempting to stop taking the drug
Drug addiction treatment in Spain
Relocating to a drug addiction treatment center in Spain allows you to move away from triggers2https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7215253/. It gets you out of the environment that may have led to or allowed your drug addiction to thrive. A Spanish treatment center allows you to reflect on the past, present and future to make positive changes to your life.
Spain’s relaxing, beautiful setting provides the ideal environment to get clean. You will chart a new course, one that is free from drug use. Drug addiction treatment in Spain offers you the chance to get help from fully qualified staff. The bilingual staff at centers around Spain give you the support needed to end a dependency on drugs.
Drug Rehab in Spain
Rehab facilities in certain countries feel more like hospitals than a place to relax and recover. In Spain, you will feel like you are on holiday at a resort, getting healthy rather than at a medical facility. The downtime and relaxation provided at a drug treatment center in Spain gives you the chance to recharge.
You will find a variety of drug addiction centers available in Spain. Each offers its own unique program and amenities. Despite the differences, each center is dedicated to improving the lives of clients.
Cost of alcohol addiction treatment in Spain
Award winning alcohol addiction treatment in Spain at the Marbella Rehab costs between €26.000 and €34.000
The Marbella Rehab is awarded the title of Worlds Best Rehab 2021. Treatment is highly individualized, and guests benefit for up to one years free aftercare.
References: Drug addiction treatment in Spain
- Dawe S, Richmond R. Controlled drinking as a treatment goal in Spain drug treatment agencies. J Subst Abus Trt. 1997;14:81–86. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Kaskutas LA, Greenfield TK, Borkman TJ, Room JA. Measuring treatment philosophy: A scale for substance abuse recovery programs. J Subst Abus Trt. 1998;15:27–36. [PubMed] [Google Schola
- SAS Institute. SYS/STAT User’s Guide Version 8. SAS Institute; Cary, NC: 1999. [Google Scholar]
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS): 2004 Data on Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; Rockville, MD: 2005. DHHS Publication No. SMA 05-4112. [Google Scholar]